Friday, July 2, 2010

It’s My Birthday: YTB


July 2, 2010

My favorite part of having a birthday is the giving of gifts. The sharing of the day on which one is born is a celebration, and for those of you who know me, you know that I look for as many opportunities as possible for a celebration. The gift giving about which I am talking is not the gifts I might receive, yet rather, the gifts that I give to those who share in celebration.

My dear childhood friend who makes the most unbelievable chocolate and English Toffee, sent me a UPS overnight box of chocolates, and other than Forrest Gump, there may not be anyone who likes chocolate more then I. Her gift to me was the chocolates that I will share with my 20-some guests tonight who will celebrate my Birthday with me. The “YTB” that is on the personalized party favor is my acronym for her: “You’re the Best.” She, in turn, sent it back to me.

Imagine my surprise when I received my office mail and saw a package from her! I knew there would be chocolates in there, yet I did not know that the favors would be personalized! Tears welled in my eyes as I felt so touched by her lovely gesture. And like most Coach Poppy newsletters it got me to some mindful thinking: what gestures can we do – can we give back – to those who give to us in personalized ways?

What are the ways in which we can look at those with whom we engage in our work/life and say to them: “You’re the Best?” And I do not say this lightly, as being the best at caring, loving, or giving is an extremely well cherished commodity!

To all of you who have been reading Marketing Mindfulness Newsletters and now Coach Poppy newsletters, it is my desire to thank you, to appreciate you, to give back to you. For the month of July, I am offering you a free 20 minute coaching consultation to you. Sometimes we just need a tune up – someone to help us recognize those aspects of ourselves that showcase our best. If in your work, or in your life, you would like a more defined purpose, a re-tweaking, a slight modification in the status of your well-being, then please contact me for a free 20 minute work/life coaching session.

It’s on me. You would actually be ADDING to my birthday by sharing your purposeful goals and desires. Let’s rediscover together, all the ways in which You’re the Best.” Then watch how you’ll flourish in the world.


Mindfully Yours,

Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment